It’s strange how we wait until the end of the year to reflect on our accomplishments. When I sat down to write this post I realized that I did a lot in 2011: it was the first year Adam and I lived together, I graduated school, got a great job in my field, and started to blog consistently. 2011 has been full of change (some good and some bad, as changes sometimes are), and it’s made me realize how much can happen in twelve months. I’ve got a lot to be thankful for, and feel ready for whatever 2012 has in store.
1. Our apartment has changed so much in 2011, but this picture makes me smile because it’s from when we first moved in September 2010. (Oops, I messed up this year-end-reflection thing already).
2. We made it through school and both received a bachelor of journalism. Wahoo!
3. I went to Florida with my family after graduation, and we went on a tour of The Old Jail in St. Augustine. It was pink! And the mannequins were super creepy. I couldn’t resist a photo op with the warden.
4. I turned 22 and we had the best spread on our patio.
5. My grandfather passed away this year, and it was really hard. I was lucky to have spent some time with him while he was in the hospital, so I’m thankful for that.
6. My little brother moved away to university. He’s studying landscape architecture and I couldn’t be more proud.
7. I traveled to San Diego for work in August, and although I didn’t get to see much of the city, I definitely want to go back to California.
8. Adam tended a garden on our porch and it was so much fun to watch the flowers bloom.
9. With a dedicated space for crafts and projects in our apartment, I got really crafty this year.
What were your big accomplishments in 2011? What are you looking forward to in the New Year? Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you back here on Monday.